Courses : Sniper Rifle
Sat - Sun January 30-31, 2016,
Sat - Sun April 2-3, 2016,
Sat - Sun July 23-24, 2016
Sat - Sun October 1 - 2, 2016
Sat - Sun December 3 - 4, 2016
Sat - Sun February 18 - 19, 2017
Sat - Sun May 20 - 21, 2017
Both days – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sniper I is a basic class designed for new precision rifle shooters and for those who have not had any formal training. We cover all the basics of the Sniper rifle including the use of optics, ranging, estimation of wind and distance and equipment selection.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Defensive Handgun I from ITTS or equivalent from an ITTS recognized school. Current LE/MIL exempt.
- Introduction to Sniper rifle
- Rifle set up
- Selection/care and cleaning of rifle and optics
- Basic tenets of the precision rifle
- Ballistics - Internal/external
- Use of elevation/windage/parallax turrets
- Zeroing at 100 yards
- Ranging from the reticle
- Mil dot or MOA scope
- Establishment of come ups and come downs to 1,000 yards
- ITTS speed dialing
- Calculation of holds
- Shooter/spotter coordination dialogue
- Rifle of .223 or greater caliber with sling *
- Spotting scope or binoculars
- Knee and elbow pads
- Cleaning kit
- 75 rounds of ball ammunition
- 75 rounds of match ammunition
*A limited number of rentals are available for each class, so please indicate your need to rent when you sign up for a class either by putting it in the notes section or by calling us at 310-446-1390. For carbine rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun rentals please call us to confirm they are available.
Sign up for this class
Student Application Once class tuition has been paid, all new students must complete an online student application prior to training. Returning students that have completed an application within the last year are exempt.