Courses : Specialty/Handgun
Sat-Sun April 5-6, 2014
Both days – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Defensive Handgun II from ITTS or equivalent from an ITTS recognized school. Current LE/MIL exempt – please contact us to confirm.
Active shooter/First Responder courses are typically limited to law enforcement personnel. But as we all know too well, civilians can be caught in an emergency situation such as an active shooter or a critical incident such as the tragedy in Boston, which require quick thinking and critical judgment! How do you handle these scenarios in the safest and most effective manner? What are the signs leading up to a critical incident? These and many more questions will be addressed in our Active Shooter Critical Response class, the first that we have ever created for civilians. Warning signs, telltale indicators and a history and debriefing of active shooter incidents will be covered. We will teach you the actions one can take using on site materials to protect one’s self or those around them. A wide array of emergency trauma procedures will be taught by critical care trauma personnel. Legal responsibilities and Good Samaritan laws will be covered. On the second day, students will be taken to an offsite location to practice active shooter/emergency scenarios and response by civilians. Please note that class size will be limited and we expect this course to fill up quickly.
- Cleaned and oiled pistol at least 9mm in caliber
- Three or more magazines
- Magazine pouch or holder
- Holster or duty rig
- Sturdy nylon or leather belt
- Eye and ear protection
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- Dress in layers of clothing for protection from simunitions (non-lethal paint filled projectiles)
- ITTS TCCC Med Pack (Med Packs are available for purchase from our online store or at the class, but are not mandatory for participation)
- Sack lunch and water
*A limited number of rentals are available for each class, so please indicate your need to rent when you sign up for a class either by putting it in the notes section or by calling us at 310-446-1390. For carbine rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun rentals please call us to confirm they are available.
1. New Student Application If you have filled out an application in the last year, you do not need to do it again. All first time students MUST complete the application in order to be confirmed in the course. Thank you for your cooperation!
2. Sign up for this class