Courses : Sniper Rifle
Sat-Sun November 16 - 17, 2013
Sat-Sun February 8-9, 2014
Sat-Sun May 17-18, 2014
Both days – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sniper I is a basic class designed for new precision rifle shooters and for those who have not had any formal training. We cover all the basics of the Sniper rifle including the use of optics, ranging, estimation of wind and distance and equipment selection.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Defensive Handgun I from ITTS or equivalent from an ITTS recognized school. Current LE/MIL exempt.
- Introduction to Sniper rifle
- Rifle set up
- Selection/care and cleaning of rifle and optics
- Basic tenets of the precision rifle
- Ballistics - Internal/external
- Use of elevation/windage/parallax turrets
- Zeroing at 100 yards
- Ranging from the reticle
- Mil dot or MOA scope
- Establishment of come ups and come downs to 1,000 yards
- ITTS speed dialing
- Calculation of holds
- Shooter/spotter coordination dialogue
- Rifle of .223 or greater caliber with sling *
- Spotting scope or binoculars
- Knee and elbow pads
- Cleaning kit
- 75 rounds of ball ammunition
- 75 rounds of match ammunition
- Note: ammo counts have temporarily been reduced due to the widespread shortage,
students who bring less can still participate fully.
*A limited number of rentals are available for each class, so please indicate your need to rent when you sign up for a class either by putting it in the notes section or by calling us at 310-446-1390. For carbine rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun rentals please call us to confirm they are available.
1. New Student Application If you have filled out an application in the last year, you do not need to do it again. All first time students MUST complete the application in order to be confirmed in the course. Thank you for your cooperation!
2. Sign up for this class