Equipment and attire for Range
Our range is in the Angles National Forest and although there are bathroom facilities, food vendors, a range office and an on site store, we are nonetheless in an outdoor woodsy area. Please bring ample supplies of food and water suitable for a day spent in the beautiful outdoors.
For your comfort and everyone’s safety, please read the list of Dos and Don’ts below.
- A tank top, low cut top, top with an open midriff, sleeveless top, etc – this is for your comfort and safety!!! (We will sell you a t-shirt if you show up dressed inappropriately)
- Shorts, skin tight jeans or pants where you can’t store ammunition in the pockets
- High heels, spike heels or any other shoes you would not wear for hiking.
- A skinny fashion belt that is useless with a holster attached to it.
- Tiny sunglasses that do not cover your eyes. Again, this is a safety issue.
Don’t Wear clothes inappropriate for an outdoor shooting range environment!
- A short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt that tucks into your pants so that you can draw from the holster without any impediment
- Loose-fitting pants with big pockets to put ammunition in – Cargo pants are highly recommended!! BE SURE these pants have loops for you to put a belt through!!!
- Comfortable sneakers, boots or other shoes appropriate for hiking and walking over outdoor terrain
- A sturdy belt that fits through your pant loops
- Sunglasses are required at all times on the range
Wear clothes appropriate for an outdoor shooting range environment!
Supplies you will need:
- Plenty of water
- A sack lunch
- High protein snacks such as nuts, protein bars, etc
- Fresh fruit – but please no fruit drinks as they attract bees
- A baseball cap (No Giants caps, please!)
- No Sugared drinks (only the bees will appreciate you)
- A jacket or sweater for a night shoot or a cold day
- Clear glasses for a night shoot
- Rain gear when appropriate (yes, we conduct training in the rain!)
- Your drivers license if you are renting equipment from us
- Ammunition for the day
- Knee pads for Handgun III, Advanced Handgun and all Rifle and Shotgun classes
Please email us if you have questions.