Courses : Handgun
Sat - Sun January 9 - 10, 2016
Sat - Sun February 6 - 7, 2016
Sat - Sun March 5 - 6, 2016 (CLASS FULL)
Sat - Sun April 2 - 3, 2016 (CLASS FULL)
Sat - Sun May 14 - 15, 2016
Sat - Sun June 11 - 12, 2016
Sat - Sun July 9 - 10 2016
Sat - Sun August 20 - 21, 2016
Sat - Sun September 17 - 18, 2016
Sat - Sun October 29 - 30, 2016
Sat - Sun November 19 - 20, 2016
Sat - Sun December 10 - 11, 2016
Sat - Sun January 14 - 15, 2017
Sat - Sun February 11 - 12, 2017
Sat - Sun March 4 - 5, 2017
Sat - Sun April 1 - 2, 2017
Sat - Sun May 6 - 7, 2017
Sat - Sun June 3 - 4, 2017
Sat - Sun July 15 - 16, 2017
Both days – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (includes time to watch DVD at home on first day)
Defensive Handgun I is a basic pistol class designed for those who have never handled a firearm before or those who have had experience, but not taken a formal handgun class. If you do not own a pistol, this is the class you would take. We can supply all equipment including a gun rental. All you need do is to sign up, bring along a belt and sunglasses and we will take care of the rest.
This class is also intended for those of you who have not had any formal firearms training even if you have been shooting for a number of years or for those who want a review of the “basics” no matter how much training you’ve had.
The principles of Defensive Handgun I are the basis upon which all our other courses are built. This course gives you a solid fundamental grounding and understanding of modern gunfighting and the use of the defensive pistol. If in doubt about which course to start with, take this one before signing up for the next level. You will learn a great deal and improve your basic skill sets.
NO prerequisites or experience required.
- Setting up a “safe” room in your home for yourself and your family
- Discussion on the Use of Deadly Force with attendant videos
- Handgun Selection and set up
- Situational Awareness and what to avoid
- Combat Mindset
- Firearms Safety at home and at the range
- Basic tenets of shooting
- Presenting the pistol from the holster
- Proper loading and unloading
- Singles and pairs on paper
- Failure drills on paper
- Shooting from 50 yards on steel
- Reactive steel target engagement
- Man on man on steel reactive targets
- Shoot off on steel
- Cleaned and oiled pistol at least 9mm in caliber. *
- Two magazines *
- Sturdy nylon or leather belt that fits through your pant’s belt loop
- Eye and ear protection
- 150-250 rounds of factory ammunition
(those with prior shooting experience may go through more rounds)
*A limited number of rentals are available for each class, so please indicate your need to rent when you sign up for a class either by putting it in the notes section or by calling us at 310-446-1390. For carbine rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun rentals please call us to confirm they are available.
1. New Student Application If you have filled out an application in the last year, you do not need to do it again. All first time students MUST complete the application in order to be confirmed in the course. Thank you for your cooperation!
2. Sign up for this class