Courses : Specialty/handgun
Sat - Sun August 19-20, 2017
Saturday – 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Sunday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This course is designed for law enforcement, non-law enforcement with concealed carry permits and those training to get a concealed carry permit. Taught by ITTS lead instructor, Scott Reitz, the course is based upon his experience carrying concealed weapons off duty for many years as a police officer and as a civilian. The focus will be on carry options and positions in the home, in a vehicle, on the street or at work. Students will work alone and with other teammates to solve challenges during the day and in lowlight environments. After the segments, there will be a discussion of whether or not the challenge was solved effectively, whether deadly force was justified, and if the amount of deadly force employed was appropriate to the scenario. Students will come away with a better understanding of how they would address a critical situation under duress if they were carrying a concealed firearm.
The shoot house, knife attack system, reactive armor, hostage rack, vehicles and the night time donga course will be utilized. Students may bring inside the waistband holsters, shoulder holsters, fanny packs, purses and other concealable holsters.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Defensive Handgun II from ITTS or equivalent from an ITTS recognized school. Current LE/MIL exempt.
- How to ‘blend in’ without calling attention to oneself
- Effective methods of concealed carry – what works, and what doesn’t
- Working with limited round capability
- Shooting to distance and CQB
- Undercover tactics
- Hostage resolution
- Low light carry
- Discriminatory target selection outdoors at night
- Working in and around vehicles
- Problem solving from a concealed carry position
- Cleaned and oiled pistol*
- 4 or more magazines
- Assortment of holsters (all concealable)
- Magazine pouch
- Soft ‘undercover’ clothes including a jacket
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- Eye and ear protection and clear glasses for night shoot
- 400 rounds
*A limited number of rentals are available for each class, so please indicate your need to rent when you sign up for a class either by putting it in the notes section or by calling us at 310-446-1390. For carbine rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun rentals please call us to confirm they are available.
Sign up for this class
Student Application Once class tuition has been paid, all new students must complete an online student application prior to training. Returning students that have completed an application within the last year are exempt.